Thursday, March 12, 2009

DiaBlog #7

" 'Any individual, from any country, no matter what their immigration status, has a right to a lawyer-' 'Save it,' the woman interrupts." (85)

This part really riled me, because I thought that Aisha was saying something worth listening to, especially if she knows what she's saying. That woman wasn't even listening. She didn't care about what Aisha said, just that she was an illegal immigrant, who didn't have any say in what happened. I thought that was stupid, esp. since Aisha was talking very smartly. I think that the policewoman was actually scared that Aisha would outsmart her. And when she was talking, she didn't sound like she was very educated. Actually (no offense to anyone who feels offended) she sounded like those people in gangster movies, or the slaves from the 1800's. I thought that it was stupid that a woman like that was above Aisha. (That sounds shallow) What I mean is that, she lives in America and is a citizen, but she doesn't speak properly; yet Aisha is an illegal immigrant and she's the smartest in her class. You see where this is going?

No comments:

Post a Comment