Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DiaBlog #12

" 'Come on!' I call. 'It's not that far!' I hold out both hands. the hot air wavers between us. Then Aisha lets her arms float to her sides and she jumps towards me." (148)

I thought these three sentences were very important and significant. Aisha finally gives in to Nadira and trusts her as she falls. Aisha seems to be making friends with Nadira now, even though she was all mean just three seconds ago. I find it funny that Madira can jump down to the ground, but Aisha can't. When Aisha's feet slip on the monkey bars, I remember all the 'messages' that Nadira sends through her thoughts. Like at the beginning of the chapter with stars that turn into rubber stickers that fall off the ceiling. I think that Aisha is wobbling inside too, on whether she should jump or not, whether she should open the college admissions or not, whether she should tell everyone what happened or not. It's pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment