Thursday, March 5, 2009

DiaBlog #4

" 'There are two types of people in the world, Nadira,'Auntie tells me. 'Those that hear bad news and want to run away and those that dig their feet in and want to fight.' She laughs. 'Taslima, she was put on this earth to be a thorn in her father's side. Because she will always fight. Fight, fight, fight, even when it's time to run.' " (45-46)

I was very impressed by Auntie's wisdom and her quote belongs in a poem. It also made me respect Taslima, even though she is kind of a pain. Taslima is a stubborn girl and that's a good thing, especially with her parents and her background. I wasn't surprised that Auntie thought of Taslima liek that, because even though she gets worried and fights with Taslima a lot, Taslima is her daughter and she knows her better than anyone besides Taslima herself. I think that Auntie's logic is good, because that's what it always comes down to. Are you brave enough to fight against everyone, or are you not so brave and want to huddle in a corner and become invisible? I mean it's not like you can really stay in the middle; Staying there, but not saying anything. But I think that Auntie had a hidden meaning in it for Nadira. I think that she was trying to tell Nadira to not run away from the bad news taht she knows is there every day; and Nadira stands up to Aisha. I think that Auntie knew what was happening between Nadira and Aisha and was trying to help Nadira to make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment