Wednesday, March 11, 2009

DiaBlog #5

"Her eyes are glassy, far-off. I crouch down next to her. 'Aisha, what's wrong?' 'I'm scared,' she whispers. 'I'm scared for Abba.' " (66)

This part didn't really surprise me, but I was really glad that she finally broke down and told Nadira the truth. I thought that Nadira was kind of mean when she shouted at Aisha. This may seem kind of mean, but I'm glad Nadira feels guilty. Aisha was already scared enough and bullying Nadira was kind of an anchor to her old self. Now that that's gone, Aisha is breaking down. At leas, the way I see it. I think that the visit to Mr. Rashid really dampened her spirits. I felt really sorry for her.

In chapter 7, the first part, about generations, that really stuck with me. Nadira talks a lot about her ancestors and her homeland. I like the way that she puts little chapters in between the whole story, about Bangladesh and her family. That's kind of a little break from the things that are happening to their family now. She remembers all these stories about her ancestry; it helps me understand their predicament, why they left and why they are living in America. Those little chapters are very refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment